Tuesday, May 8, 2012

ESTATE SALE...........part 2

This is a continuation from the Music conservatory post. Not the best pictures to share but here is a wonderful hand carved Chippendale desk. The ball feet are hand carved and also the interior slots. This piece is so smooth. All of the little drawers open too.  I have also sent a photo of a few of the toys that I purchased. I bought two large hat boxes and inside they were filled with little plastic bags loaded with wonderful little items. The little Pinocchio and Nutcracker are hand carved and painted. The Nutcrackers mouth moves too.

The collector who had died was a widow. Her husband was a plastic surgeon and she used to own an all year Christmas shop in the town of Los Gatos where I lived for almost 30 years. Her son told me that when she bought things she would buy in bulk. She also made Teddy Bears. She owned many Museum quality items and for this reason the family decided to have it be an invite only Estate Sale. My Mother and I used to sell antiques in a co-op so we knew the woman that was going to be putting the Estate sale on and we were invited in. Such a wonderful experience...............more photos will be coming. I am going to take some of the Carol hardy sleighs that I have today.

7 comments:

  1. Que maravilla, es espectacular!!
    Tienes una suerte inmensa.Solo una vez en la vida se tiene una ocasión como esta.Disfrutalo!!!
    Besos de las Malu´s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you did have to pay for them... These miniature finds are the equivalent of a lottery win! I have liked everything you have shown us but that desk is fantastic! I looked all over the show in Chicago for one like it and never found it. LOL
    Congratulations on some seriously wonderful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, this is such a treat for me, you showing these exquisite museum quality pieces! It's like being in the presence of greatness !

    And I especially love the background story you share about the collector and you and your mother !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enhorabuena por esas fantasticas piezas que has conseguido, son geniales.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like a glutton in front of the window of a bakery!
    You're showing of extraordinary pieces, and the idea of two hat boxes FULL of plastic bags containing miniature, drives me crazy ... If I could, I would jump on a plane to come visit you and help you to inspect the contents :-)
    Luckily there's the blog.
    P. S. Did you receive my package?
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely items. So lucky to have them!

    ReplyDelete